[Numpy-discussion] NumPy and Python 2.6 on Windows

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 21:10:52 EST 2008

Hi Lenard,

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 5:05 AM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l at telus.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I build the Pygame dependencies for Windows. With the next Pygame
> release, 1.9.0, we would like to include Python 2.6 support. As you
> already know, Pygame has NumPy bindings. Though NumPy is not required,
> it is a useful addition. I understand NumPy is built with MinGW on
> Windows, which I use to with Pygame and its dependencies. I know the
> problems linking against msvcr90.dll. I am willing to offer what advice
> I can to get NumPy up and running for Python 2.6.

Thanks. I think I have covered most problems concerning python 2.6 and
windows in the trunk (upcoming 1.3):

 - linking against msvcr90.dll
 - generating manifest for running code snippets (with mingw)
 - fix some bugs with python 2.6 msvc support (in particular
http://bugs.python.org/issue4702)

You are welcome to test the trunk to see if that fixes everything. I
don't think everything can be fixed for 1.2.2, because the changes are
not all trivial (much revamp C99 math support, in particular).

Unfortunately, I have been working on some formatting issues which
were more difficult than previously thought, and it was time to go to
sleep before I actually fixed the problem, so the trunk may be broken
ATM. I will fix this now,

cheers,

David