[Numpy-discussion] NumPy and Python 2.6 on Windows

Lenard Lindstrom len-l at telus.net
Sat Dec 27 22:50:45 EST 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
>
>> David Cournapeau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lenard,

[snip]

>>> Thanks. I think I have covered most problems concerning python 2.6 and
>>> windows in the trunk (upcoming 1.3)[.]

[snip]

>> It looks like you have a handle on the problem. How did you get around
>> the problems with the incomplete libmsvcr90.a import library? I have
>> custom import libraries which you can use if needed.
>>

> Do you mean on xp 32 bits or 64 bits ? For the later, I have yet to
> submit patchs to the mingw-w64 project - the whole libmsvcr90.a is
> missing, actually. For 32 bits, I simply got around it by changing the
> missing functions in numpy itself - if we are talking about the same
> thing, that is missing time functions for random.
Yes, the _ftime function, which is an inlined function in VC 2008 that
calls _ftime64. I have to build a lot of dependencies for Pygame so I
want to avoid patching code when possible. Instead I have a custom
libmsvcr90.a that has stub functions for the various time functions. It
lets me create static libraries that link to both msvcr71.dll and
msvcr90.dll. No manifest files required. And no patches to MinGW.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>