[Numpy-discussion] image to array doubt

Ray Schumacher subscriber100 at rjs.org
Fri Feb 29 15:04:06 EST 2008

At 10:00 AM 2/29/2008, you wrote:
> > Robin wrote
> > I'm not sure why they would be doing this - to me it looks they might
> > be using Image as a convenient way to store some other kind of data...
>
>thanks Robin,
>I am wondering if there is a more straightforward way to do these..
>especially the vector to image function

I would normally suggest PIL, as it contains most all of these types
of array<>image functions
See:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/imagemath.htm
http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/imageops.htm
etc...
as well as the built-ins for numpy array objects
http://effbot.org/zone/pil-changes-116.htm
frombuffer, fromstring, fromarray, tostring etc.
http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/image.htm

(I've used them for home astronomy projects, myself.)

Ray Schumacher
Blue Cove Interactive