[Numpy-discussion] Moving away from svn ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:04:54 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 3:56 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> In general I think that this is a good direction to go in.  My general
> preference would be to use git or mercurial.
>
> I haven't had time to read the entire thread, but since I won't get a
> chance to catch up on this thread until much later today -- here are
> my concerns:
> 1.  We use as vanilla a version of Trac as possible.  In particular,
> we should avoid using experimental plugins.
> 2.  Before making any major changes on the scipy.org server we first
> get the server upgraded and cleaned up.
I personally think that this is a change which should be carefully
planned. Typically, I would not think about doing it before say the
1.1 release of numpy (that is, having several months at least to test
things and let people get used to it).

My email should really be understood as a proposal for a roadmap, and
how to proceed (having mirrors in bzr, hg, etc... testing with an
experimental trac which would run in parrallel with the main one,
etc...).

cheers,

David