[Numpy-discussion] Moving away from svn ?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 17:09:08 EST 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2008 2:05 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com
> <mailto:cournape at gmail.com>> wrote:

>     bzr is not tied to linux.
>
> It is, in that development is funded by Canonical, but I haven't used
> either on windows, so don't have any idea how they compare in that regard.

In that sense, it's all pretty much a wash between the three. Selenic initially
developed Mercurial in the aftermath of the Linux kernel Bitkeeper foofoorah,
and they continue to use it to manage their kernel modules.

If we want to talk about Windows support, we should stick to more concrete facts
 (like the availability of Windows shell integration, etc.) instead of vague
inferences.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."