[Numpy-discussion] Intel MKL - was: parallel numpy - any info?

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 02:08:33 EST 2008

Hello

On Jan 10, 2008 6:56 AM, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> The one thing which I am not sure about is:  say one MKL binary does not
> work, and say I (or anyone outside your company) build numpy with the
> MKL ro debug it, can I redistribute a new binary, even if it is just for
> testing purpose ?

Let's say Ray's company buys one copy of Intel MKL. This gives them
the Intel MKL DLL and link libraries (.libs).

Now they compile NumPy and link it against Intel MKL. They can then
(as I understand the license agreement, IANAL, etc.) distribute this
binary and the Intel MKL DLLs.

They may *not* distribute the link libraries. This means that there is
no easy way for anyone else to build a new executable that is linked
against MKL.

Cheers,

Albert