[Numpy-discussion] BzrMirror page on numpy wiki

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 10 05:40:14 EST 2008

Eric Firing wrote:
> David,
>
> Thanks, that's great.
>
> I am curious: how did you do the conversion?  Did you work directly from
> the existing svn repo or did you make a local mirror first?

I did not manage to make a mirror first, but that's definitely what you
would want to do (if you want to do it for another repository).
Importing numpy took around 3-4 hours, that is 3-4 seconds / revision,
mostly because of network latency.

With matplotlib, which I tried to, I first did a svn mirror, and then,
it can import around 4-5 revision / second on average (of course, it
depends on the changeset for each revision).

For bzr, once you manage to install bzr-svn, importing is transparent:

bzr branch http://blabla/trunk

You can also import the whole repository (including branches and tags),
using the svn-import command, but that's a bit more difficult, specially
if the repository does not follow the trunk/branches/tags convention of
subversion.

cheers,

David