[Numpy-discussion] BzrMirror page on numpy wiki

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 10 09:37:54 EST 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I started a page on how to use bzr, with a link to an import I have
> done on the numpy trunk:
>
> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/BzrMirror
>
> I thought it would be useful for people not familiar with DVCS, and are
> curious to try. In perticular, since I have done the svn->bzr import,
> the distributed bzr binary will work out of the box on windows and max
> os X (leopard).
>
> For now, I only wrote how to do basic things like getting the
> code/log/annotation/status, nothing related to actual hacking of the
> code inside the  numpy code. Also, the mirror is pure http, which means
> it will be pretty slow to get the code the first time (I don't have
> access to more than bare http). For information, a full checkout (with
> all the history since 2001, trunk only) takes 30 Mb, without counting
> the working tree.

I upgraded the information with more advanced concepts (repository vs
branch vs checkout, committing, and merging).

I tried to be as concise and as simple as possible, so that people who
may wonder what we are talking about when we speak about hg/bzr/git can
see what it is about.

I also tried to show that at least as far as bzr is concerned, most
commands (the one most people will use) are really similar to svn, for
people who wonder about the learning curve.

cheers,

David