[Numpy-discussion] Update on using scons to build numpy

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Jan 12 03:53:45 EST 2008

Hi there,

    A quick email to give an update on my work to build numpy with
scons. I've finished a few days ago to make my former work a separate
package from numpy: it was more work than I expected because of
bootstrapping issues, but I can now build numpy again with the new
package on Linux.

The separate package is called numscons, and is developed using
launchpad for bug tracking and source code repository:

https://code.launchpad.net/numpy.scons.support

You can find tarballs for releases there (you want the last one, that is
0.2.2 at that time):

https://launchpad.net/numpy.scons.support/+download

And you need to use the branch build_with_scons to build numpy with
numscons (the way to build numpy with scons is as before: you use
setupscons.py instead of setup.py).

I am now working on cleaning some things in the code (in particular, all
the changes I had to do to scons itself are now being worked on to be
integrated upstream, so that upstream scons will be used instead of our
own cannibalized copy).

cheers,

David