[Numpy-discussion] Nose testing for numpy

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Mon Jan 14 14:59:20 EST 2008

Matthew Brett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just finished moving the scipy tests over to nose.
>
> Thinking about it, it seems to me to be a good idea to do the same for numpy.

We talked about this at the SciPy Sprint.  Eventually, we will get
there.  However, if we do it before 1.0.5, it will require nose to run
the NumPy tests.   I'm concerned to make this kind of change, prior to 1.1

So, the strategy is to support what scipy needs for nose testing inside
of NumPy for now and wait until 1.1 to move over to requiring nose for
all of NumPy tests.

Yes, it is not as clean, but I really hesitate making a whole-sale
switch at version 1.0.5

-Travis O.