[Numpy-discussion] Scipy page

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 19 22:23:13 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 12:02 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) I really miss the recent changes link, it was the only way I could keep
> current on the Wiki contents. It was also a good way to track spam.

The link just adds more clutter to the front page, which should be
aimed at new users.  I think that the front page is still way too
busy.

The page is still available.  If you want to see the recent changes just go to:
http://www.scipy.org/RecentChanges
If you need to find it, you can bookmark it, remember the URL, do a
search for "recent changes", add it to your navibar, or get the RSS
feed.

> 2) The addition of the bug reporting link is good, but it is hard to notice.
> How about putting it up top using one of the neat python logos with a bug
> addition?

+1.  If you (or someone else) make a new icon for bugs, I will happily
add it.  I'll give it a shot as well, but I am sure whatever I do will
be easy to improve on.  By the way, I would like to thank who ever
made the existing icons; they make the front page much more
attractive.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley