[Numpy-discussion] numpy.distutils does not output compilation warning on win32 ?

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Jan 21 07:13:00 EST 2008

Hi,

If I remember correctly then the warnings were disabled because
when compiling numpy/scipy on windows there were *lots* of
warnings, especially for pyrex generated sources.
When there is an error, all warnings will be shown. Hmm, and on
linux the warnings should also be shown (this actually depends on what
Python distutils one is using as the distutils logging interface
has been changed between Python versions). In any case, we can enable
all the warnigs again with no problems (may be only windows guys will
not be so happy about it).

Regards,
Pearu