[Numpy-discussion] extending a recarray

Kevin Christman kchristman54 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 15:33:04 EST 2008

I am using recarray to store experiment information that is read from a file:

self.records = numpy.rec.fromrecords(self.allData,formats='f4,S30,S30,f4,f4,f4,f4,f4,f4,f4,f4,f4,f4',names='MotorNum,MotorType,MotorName,MotorHP, NSync,NShaftFL,NShaft,pLoad,pLoadSlipMethod, pLoadORMEL,etaMeasured,etaORMEL,etaNameplate')

Now I would like to add additional "columns" to this array for my calculations/analysis of the data.  How is this done?  Thanks,

Kevin