[Numpy-discussion] matrix <-> ndarray bug

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Thu Jan 31 11:44:31 EST 2008

Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, dmitrey apparently wrote:
>
>> already fixed in more recent versions?
>>

> Yes, at least it's fixed in my 1.0.4.
>
> By the way, do you know about the ``A`` attribute of matrices?

Yes, I know, but numpy.ndarray has no the attribute (I had said it's
better to be present, as well as .M for matrices, but numpy developers
hadn't paid attention), and since I don't know does user pass ndarray or
matrix to a func, it's better using asfarray(a) than a.A (later will
fail on ndarrays)
Regards, D.