[Numpy-discussion] More pending test framework changes (please give feedback)

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:21:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> I note that a lot of unit test files import tons of specific functions,
> numpy.core, etc., etc. Is there any reason not to fix things up to
>
> import numpy as np
> from numpy.testing import *
>
> I fixed one file this way, but I wonder if we shouldn't make all of them
> work like that.

Personally, I prefer the imports to be as simple as possible, but I
managed to restrain myself from cleaning up test module imports when I
was making my changes. ;)  If making them somewhat standardized is
desirable, I might as well do it while I'm cleaning up and fixing
tests.