[Numpy-discussion] Doctest items

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:46:22 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's not a bad idea. Coordinate with Stéfan about the details (if
> any are left to be decided).

Ok, will do.  I'll also update all the test documentation I can find
so that documenters have a chance of being aware of the doctest
assumptions/requirements/capabilities.

So, unless anyone else has objections, I'll:

1. Enabled ellipsis for all doctests
2. Update all doctests so that they only assume "import numpy as np".
I'll also check into restricting the doctest execution environment so
that tests that make other assumptions should fail (as part of
figuring out the test state pollution problem).