[Numpy-discussion] problem with NumPy test harness in 1.1.0?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 19:48:44 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 18:39, David Brown <dbrown at ucar.edu> wrote:
>> OK, thanks for the info Robert.
>> Any recommendations for another test harness?
>
> numpy and scipy are moving to nose as of numpy 1.2 and scipy 0.7.
>
>  http://www.somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/
>
> It has been a personal favorite of mine for some time, too.

So has ipython recently, for what it's worth.  It does make easy a lot
of things that should be easy but aren't under unittest, which is a
big plus in my view.  We also adopted it after advice from Robert,
others at Enthought and Titus Brown during a BOF session at last
year's SciPy.

The fact that nose absorbs/recognizes all regular unittest tests makes
the transition fairly easy.

Cheers,