[Numpy-discussion] FFT's & IFFT's on images

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 01:37:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Andrew Straw <strawman at astraw.com> wrote:
>> Mike Sarahan wrote:
>>> I agree that the components are very small, and in a numeric sense, I
>>> wouldn't worry at all about them, but the image result is simply noise,
>>> albeit periodic-looking noise.
>>
>> Fernando Perez and John Hunter have written a nice FFT image denoising
>> example:
>> http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/matplotlib/trunk/py4science/examples/fft_imdenoise.py?view=markup
>>
>> with documentation, even:
>> http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/matplotlib/trunk/py4science/workbook/fft_imdenoise.tex?view=markup
>
> Ahem.  Stefan wrote that :)

By the way, I should apologize for a comment that was inadvertently
rather curt. I simply meant to note that in py4science there's code
from several people, and the fft piece was written by Stefan when we
taught the workshop together.

But Andrew had no way to know that, since that code isn't individually
marked for authorship (there are acknowledgements at the start of the
main document).  Sorry about that, mate.

Cheers,