[Numpy-discussion] Another reference count leak: ticket #848

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Tue Jul 8 13:26:25 EDT 2008

Michael Abbott wrote:
> The attached patch fixes another reference count leak in the use of
> PyArray_DescrFromType.

The first part of this patch is good.  The second is not needed.   Also,
it would be useful if you could write a test case that shows what is
leaking and how you determined that it is leaking.
> Could I ask that both this patch and my earlier one (ticket #843) be
> applied to subversion.  Thank you.
>
> Definitely not enjoying this low level code.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :-)  But, you are correct that
reference counting is a bear.

-Travis