[Numpy-discussion] new chararray test fails on Mac OS X

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 20:14:02 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 09:26, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Christopher Hanley <chanley at stsci.edu> wrote:
>>  From the svn log it looks like the tests are intended to fail?  However
>>  I would prefer tests that are designed only to fail when problems
>> occur.  Otherwise we end up with problems with our automatic build and
>> test scripts.
>
> Sorry about that, I just wanted to make sure the tests would actually
> fail on all the builders before the bug in chararray is fixed.  I just
> checked in a change that disables the failing portions of the test.

For things that you don't expect to be platform specific, there is no
need. For things that you do expect to be platform specific on
platforms that you cannot access, please ask for volunteers. Make an
SVN branch if the changes are extensive. I would like to keep to the
rule of not checking in unit tests (on trunk or a 1.1.x branch, etc.)
that you expect to fail.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."