[Numpy-discussion] A correction to numpy trapz function

Nadav Horesh nadavh at visionsense.com
Sun Jul 13 00:30:25 EDT 2008

I am aware that the error is related to the broadcasting, and that it can be solved by matching the shape of x to that of y --- this is how I solved it in the first place. I was thinking that the function "promises" to integrate over an array given a x vector and the axis, so let obscure the broadcasting rules and just enable it to do the work. There is a reason to leave trapz as it is (or even drop it) since numpy should stay as close as possible to "bare metal", but this function is borrowed also by scipy integration package, thus I rather give it a face lift.

   Nadav.