[Numpy-discussion] Ticket review #849: reference to deallocated object?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:07:17 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:53 AM, Michael Abbott <michael at araneidae.co.uk>
wrote:

> Tenuous but easy fix, and conformant to style elsewhere.

This one depends on whether there is some sort of threading going on that
can interrupt in the middle of the call. Probably not, but the fix doesn't
look disruptive and I'll put it in just to be safe. I actually think things
should be set up so that the descr reference counts never go to zero, i.e.,
all the types should be singleton's set up during initialization and
maintained throughout the existence of numpy. But it's not that way now with
the way the chararray type is implemented. I wonder if we need a NULL check
also?

Chuck