[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0 OSX Installer Fails Under 10.5.3?

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Fri Jul 18 14:59:26 EDT 2008

In article
<764e38540807172233m6bce652bp40478564de10e265 at mail.gmail.com>,
 "Christopher Burns" <cburns at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I've been using bdist_mpkg to build the OSX Installer.  I'd like to update
> the requirement documentation for the 1.1.1 release candidate to say
> "MacPython from python.org" instead of "System Python".  bdist_mpkg
> specifies this, does anyone know how to override it?

I suspect I am misunderstanding your question, but...

If you are asking how to make bdist_mkpg actually use MacPython, then
surely you simply have to have MacPython installed for that to happen?
That was certainly true for MacPython and bdist_mpkg on 10.4.x.

Or are you asking how to make the installer fail if the user's system is
missing MacPython? That I don't know. I usually rely on the .mpkg's
ReadMe and the user being intelligent enough to read it, but of course
that is a bit risky.

If you are asking how to modify the ReadMe file then that is trivial --
just look through the .mpkg package and you'll find it right away. I
often replace the default ReadMe with my own when creating .mpkg
installer for others.

-- Russell