[Numpy-discussion] f2py - how to use .pyf files?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 21:54:52 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Probably. What other options would you need, though? If everything is
>> accessible from setup.cfg, I'd rather just remove the argument.

I just remembered code I had with things like:

                    # Add '--debug-capi' for verbose debugging of low-level
                    # calls
                    #f2py_options = ['--debug-capi'],

that can be very useful when in debug hell.  Would this go through via
setup.cfg?

> I'd be OK with that too, and simply telling people to ship a companion
> setup.cfg.  It's just that the current situation is confusing and
> error-prone.  One way to do it and all that...

BTW, I would have thought this file

maqroll[felipe_fortran]> cat setup.cfg
[config_fc]
fcompiler = gnu95

would do the trick.  But it doesn't seem to:

maqroll[felipe_fortran]> ./setup.py build_ext --inplace
gnu: no Fortran 90 compiler found
customize GnuFCompiler using build_ext
building 'seglib' extension
error: f90 not supported by GnuFCompiler needed for Text2.f90

I'm sure I'm doing something blindingly wrong, but reading the distutils docs

http://docs.python.org/inst/config-syntax.html

made me think that the way to override the config_fc option is
precisely the above.

Thanks for any help...

All this would be good to include in the end in a little example we ship...

Cheers,