[Numpy-discussion] Testing: Failed examples don't raise errors on buildbot.

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 23:09:04 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think aesthetics are worth requiring a particular version.
> numpy doesn't need it; the users can decide whether they want it or
> not. We should try to have it installed on the buildbots, though,
> since we *are* the users in that case.

Actually I was considering asking to move the minimum nose version up
to 0.10.3 just because it's the current version before this aesthetic
issue came up.  There's about 30 bug fixes between 0.10.0 and 0.10.3,
including one that fixed some situations in which exceptions were
being hidden and one that makes the coverage reporting more accurate.
It's not a big deal, though.