[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.1rc1 to be tagged tonight

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 01:21:49 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 01:10:30 Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hmm... 70 errors. Pretty much all of them of this sort:

> NameError: global name 'actual_dtype' is not defined

OK, that's a problem with numpy.ma.testutils. r5496 should fix that

> Pierre, I suggest you go to python.org and install python-2.3.7 instead of
> shooting blind. It's pretty easy if you're running linux, just be sure to
> end with make altinstall in case your distro has python installed in
> /usr/local.

If you don't mind, I'd do that as a last resort. The problem wasn't a Python
version, just a mistake on the version of numpy being installed. I tested
1.2.0 when I was dealing with 1.1.x. So, I'm back on a 1.1.x, hopefully not
for long.