[Numpy-discussion] f2py - a recap

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Jul 23 18:18:41 EDT 2008

2008/7/23 Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>:
> I'm just reposting here to see if anyone with a stake in f2py has an
> opinion/advice on the points below.  F2py feels very much in
> autopilot/drifting into the icebergs mode right now.  Is that correct
> assessment?
>
> If there's any guidance on where to go, I can at least file tickets on
> these points, but I don't want to create unnecessary tickets on trac
> if others feel the current  situation is satisfactory and it's just me
> who is confused.

As far as I understand, Pearu is busy developing g3 of f2py.  Does
that mean that f2py in NumPy is effectively unmaintained?  I hope not.

I agree (with your previous e-mail) that it would be good to have some
documentation, so if you could give me some pointers on *what* to
document (I haven't used f2py much), then I'll try my best to get
around to it.

Cheers
Stéfan