[Numpy-discussion] The date/time dtype and the casting issue

Tom Denniston tom.denniston at alum.dartmouth.org
Wed Jul 30 14:12:45 EDT 2008

If it's really just weekdays why not call it that instead of using a
term like business days that (quite confusingly) suggests holidays are
handled properly?

Also, I view the timezone and holiday issues as totally seperate.  I
would definately NOT recommend basing holidays on a timezone because
holidays are totally unrelated to timezones.  Usually when you deal
with holidays, because they vary by application and country and change
over time, you provide a calendar as an outside input.  That would be
very useful if that were allowed, but might make the implementation
rather complex.

--Tom