[Numpy-discussion] NumpyTest problem

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 23:04:56 EDT 2008

On Monday 02 June 2008 11:45:31 Alan McIntyre wrote:
> We're in the process of switching to nose
> (http://www.somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/) as the test
> framework for 1.2; I'll try to keep an eye on stuff like that and make
> it work properly if I can.

Alan,
Thanks a lot again for taking care of that. In the meanwhile:

* is there a way to select only some tests ? It used to be a time not that
long ago (less than 6 weeks) where I was able to run one specific test of a
suite (for example, numpy/ma/tests/test_core.py), and that's no longer the
case.

* Running the whole test suite with import numpy; numpy.test() works fine, but
I don't really need to test the rest of numpy when I'm messing with
numpy.ma...

* Running nosetests on numpy/ma fails (I can't import numpy from the source
directory), but works partially on numpy/ma/tests: the test_old_ma tests fail
for asking some arguments when 0 is provided: for example:
ERROR: test_old_ma.testta
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/nose/case.py", line 203, in runTest
    self.test(*self.arg)
TypeError: testta() takes exactly 2 arguments (0 given)

Thx again