[Numpy-discussion] Installation info

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jun 4 04:03:24 EDT 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:

> It probably just grew to fix problems as they arose. It should be
> possible to test for every function and fall back to the double
> versions that are more reliably present. It would be nicer if all
> compilers tried to conform to recent standards, i.e., be less than 9
> years out of date, but that is a bit much to ask for.

Most compilers are not compatible (none of them supports C99 at 100 %;
the better question is which subset is powerfull and implemented
thouroughly).

I had some surprising problems with numscons and mingw, and obviously MS
compilers/runtime (each version has a different configuration for the
part of the code we are talking about).

cheers,

David