[Numpy-discussion] bvp on 64 bits machine

lorenzo bolla lbolla at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 06:10:19 EDT 2008

Hello all.

I'm not sure that this is the correct mailing list to post to: please excuse
me if it's not.

I've been using bvp (http://www.elisanet.fi/ptvirtan/software/bvp/index.html)
by Pauli Virtanen happily on 32 bits machines.
When I used it on 64 bits machines I found a bug that I think I've solved
with the following patch:

=================

$ diff colnew.py.old colnew.py
347c347
<     ispace = _N.empty([nispace], _N.int_)
---
>     ispace = _N.empty([nispace], _N.int32)
402c402
<         ], _N.int_)
---
>         ], _N.int32)

The problem is cause by the fact that _N.int_ is different for 32 and 64
bits machines. Forcing it to be an _N.int32 did the trick.
Pauli, would you like to commit it to your source distribution?

Regards,
Lorenzo.

--
"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent." -- Ludwig
Wittgenstein