[Numpy-discussion] Which Python to Use on OSX, Was: 1.1.0 OSX Installer Fails Under 10.5.3?

Tommy Grav tgrav at mac.com
Wed Jun 4 08:38:35 EDT 2008

You have to very careful when you do this. For example
the system numpy is in ../python2.5/Extras/lib/ under the
framework, while I think the numpy binary installer installs
things in ../python2.5/lib/site-packages/. So if one is not
careful one ends up with two numpy packages with all
the problems that can cause.

I have installed Activepython on my machine (PPC w/ 10.5.3)
and it has worked more or less flawlessly. The system python
is still there and is untouched since I installed Leopard and
I do all my development against the activepython distribution.

Cheers
    Tommy