[Numpy-discussion] [numscons] Would having two mandatory scons script per package be acceptable ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 12 00:35:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

    Short story: it would make my life simpler to have two mandatory
scons scripts per package instead of only one. Long story: for some
reasons linked to scons' notion of build directory, having two scons
scripts files per package (instead of one) would simplify quite a bit
some parts of numscons, as well as simplifying the addition of custom
builders (for swig, cython, etc...) by other people. One of the two
files would basically be exactly the same as the current one, and the
other one independent of the package (always the same 3 lines). This is
a bit ugly, but less ugly than the actual contortions I have to do to
make scons and distutils play nice together.
    Is there any strong feeling against this ?

    cheers,

    David