[Numpy-discussion] Weird error with nose tests on windows

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jun 20 06:32:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

    While trying to reproduce some bugs on windows with recent numpy, I
got major failures for the whole test suite, with something related to
numeric not found in numpy\core\__init__.py (__all__ += numeric.__all__
line). Nose crashes because at that line, meaning most of the tests
fail; note that this is nose specific, importing numpy works fine...
which is strange. I don't understand how importing __all__ +=
numeric.__all__ is supposed to work since there was no import numeric
before. IOW, I understand why it fails, but I don't understand why it
does not fail when importing (or with tests on linux either; maybe the
different nose version). Does it make sense to put an import numeric
before in the __init__.py file ?

cheers,

David