[Numpy-discussion] Help needed with numpy 10.5 release blockers

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 13 01:43:45 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am sure that everyone has noticed that 1.0.5 hasn't been released
yet.  The main issue is that when I was getting ready to tag the
release I noticed that the buildbot had a few failing tests:
http://buildbot.scipy.org/waterfall?show_events=false

Stefan van der Walt added tickets for the failures:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/683
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/684
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/686
And Chuck Harris fixed ticket #683 with in minutes (thanks!).  The
others are still open.

Stefan and I also triaged the remaining tickets--closing several and
turning others in to release blockers:
http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/query?status=new&severity=blocker&milestone=1.0.5&order=priority

I think that it is especially important that we spend some time trying
to make the 1.0.5 release rock solid.  There are several important
changes in the trunk so I really hope we can get these tickets
resolved ASAP.  I need everyone's help getting this release out.  If
you can help work on any of the open release blockers, please try to
close them over the weekend.  If you have any ideas about the tickets
but aren't exactly sure how to resolve them please post a message to
the list or add a comment to the ticket.

I will be traveling over the weekend, so I may be off-line until Monday.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley