[Numpy-discussion] Project for Cython integration with NumPy

Dag Sverre Seljebotn dagss at student.matnat.uio.no
Tue Mar 25 17:01:08 EDT 2008

I am going to apply for a Google Summer of Code project about "Developing
Cython towards better NumPy integration" (Cython: http://cython.org).
Anyone interested in how this is done can have a look at the links below,
any feedback is welcome.

Unfortunately I don't have much time to spare before the application
deadline, so the focus now is only on high-level stuff, the application
and so on; thinks like syntax or sorting out the exact supported NumPy
features will (unfortunately) have to wait until at least next week.

The application I am going to submit (to Python Foundation):
http://wiki.cython.org/DagSverreSeljebotn/soc

It links to a details page with more concrete information. The
specification for the NumPy support itself is here:

http://wiki.cython.org/enhancements/numpy

As you might be able to see, my thoughts so far has primarily been on how
to engineer Cython and not so much about what would be the most convenient
NumPy syntax possible - but have a look if you are interested.

--
Dag Sverre Seljebotn