[Numpy-discussion] [IPython-dev] mercurial now has free hosting too

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 26 06:26:13 EDT 2008

Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> Look, I am not talking about theory,

I was not talking about theory:
    - svn co url -> bzr co url
    - svn commit -m "bla bla" -> bzr ci -m "bla bla"
    - svn up -> bzr up
    - svn log -> bzr log
    - svn blame -> bzr blame
You cannot be more concrete than that :)

I agree about everything else: tools maturity, GUI for windows, etc...
and I am not saying that we should change now or to bzr for that matter.
But the difficulty for developers, I don't think it is a valid argument.
It is only different if you use branching, which nobody forces people to
use, and works better than in svn.

cheers,

David