[Numpy-discussion] missing function in numpy.ma?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:56:43 EDT 2008

Charles,
> result = result.reorder(order).regrid(grid)
> AttributeError: 'MaskedArray' object has no attribute 'reorder'
>
> Should I inherit from soemtihng else ?

Mmh, .reorder is not a regular ndarray method, so that won't work. What is it
supposed to do ? And regrid ?

> Aslo I used to import a some function from numpy.oldnumeric.ma, that are
> now missing can you point me to their new ma equivalent?
> common_fill_value, identity, indices and set_fill_value

For set_fill_value, just use
m.fill_value = your_fill_value

For identity, just use the regular numpy version, and view it as a
MaskedArray:
numpy.identity(...).view(MaskedArray)

For common_fill_value: ah, tricky one, I'll have to check.

If needed, I'll bring identity into numpy.ma. Please don't hesitate to send
more feedback, it's always needed.
Sincerely,
P.