[Numpy-discussion] missing function in numpy.ma?

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Thu Mar 27 16:11:22 EDT 2008

Charles Doutriaux wrote:
> Eric, Pierre,
>
> I agree the new ma is probably much better and we should use it.
>
> all i was saying is that 1.0.4 was working great with the small
> compatibility layer.
> I even have a frozen version of 1.0.5 devel that works great. Then
> suddenly everything broke.

Hey Charles,

I think it would be a good idea to do as you suggest and look into
making the oldnumeric.ma compatibility layer work as well as possible.

The problem is that the old compatibility layer was a pretty light
wrapper around the old numpy.core.ma.

I guess what could be done is to take the old numpy.core.ma file and
move it into oldnumeric.ma (along with the few re-namings that are there
now)?  Could you test that option out and see if it works for you?

Thanks,

-Travis O.