[Numpy-discussion] Numpy installation

Amit Itagi aitagi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:17:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am having problems with numpy installation.

1) These is an atlas 3.8.0 library installed somewhere in the search path.
However, the installation gives errors with that installation. Is there a
way to tell the installer to install the default (possibly slower) blas,
instead of using the one in the path ?

2) Also, my main Python directory is called Python-2.5.2. When I try to
configure with the install<prefix>, it changes Python-2.5.2 to "python-2.5.2"
and creates a new directory. How can I make the installer not convert the
upper-case "P" to a lower-case ?

Thanks

Rgds,
Amit