[Numpy-discussion] Uncomfortable with matrix change

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Fri May 9 13:31:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Timothy Hochberg apparently wrote:
> I think the matrix class is kind of useless,

In my field (economics), it has been a great way to
introduce students to NumPy.  I suggest that this
reason alone makes it far from "useless".

I also personally find it convenient for linear algebra.
(I think you have stressed that this is just due to a
dearth of operators, but that is the current situation.)

Cheers,
Alan

PS In contrast to those supporting more ambitious and
complex proposals, I think Travis's patch fixes almost
everything that needs to be fixed.