[Numpy-discussion] let's use patch review

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Thu May 15 11:49:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 12:06 am, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read the recent flamebate about unittests, formal procedures for a
> commit etc. and it was amusing. :)
> I think Stefan is right about the unit tests. I also think that Travis
> is right that there is no formal procedure that can assure what we
> want.
>
> I think that a solution is a patch review.

I am -0.8 on it because the number of numpy core developers is just
too small for the patch review to be effective - there is not enough
reviewers who are qualified to review low-level code.

The number of core developers can be defined as a number of
developers who have ever been owners of numpy tickets.
It seems that the number is less than 10.
Note also that may be only few of them can work full time on numpy.

For adding new features, the patch review system can be reasonable though.

My 2 cents,
Pearu