[Numpy-discussion] Tagging 1.1rc1 in about 12 hours

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Fri May 16 03:20:08 EDT 2008

Hello,

I believe that we have now addressed everything that was holding up
the 1.1.0 release, so I will be tagging the 1.1.0rc1 in about 12
hours.  Please be extremely conservative and careful about any commits
you make to the trunk until we officially release 1.1.0 (now may be a
good time to spend some effort on SciPy).  Once I tag the release
candidate I will ask both David and Chris to create Windows and Mac
binaries.  I will give everyone a few days to test the release
candidate and binaries thoroughly.  If everything looks good, the
release candidate will become the official release.

Once I tag 1.1.0, I will open the trunk for 1.1.1 development.  Any
development for 1.2 will have to occur on a new branch.  I also plan
to spend sometime once 1.1.0 is released discussing with the community
what we want included in 1.2.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman