[Numpy-discussion] Tagging 1.1rc1 in about 12 hours

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sat May 17 12:58:09 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Charles R Harris <
charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I believe that we have now addressed everything that was holding up
>> the 1.1.0 release, so I will be tagging the 1.1.0rc1 in about 12
>> hours.  Please be extremely conservative and careful about any commits
>> you make to the trunk until we officially release 1.1.0 (now may be a
>> good time to spend some effort on SciPy).  Once I tag the release
>> candidate I will ask both David and Chris to create Windows and Mac
>> binaries.  I will give everyone a few days to test the release
>> candidate and binaries thoroughly.  If everything looks good, the
>> release candidate will become the official release.
>>
>> Once I tag 1.1.0, I will open the trunk for 1.1.1 development.
>

> You mean bug fixes. No development should happen in 1.1.1

And no documentation updates, either. Version 1.1.1 should *only* be for
egregious bugs, everything else should go into 1.2. Trying to keep things
synchronized will become a complete nightmare otherwise. I would even
suggest that 1.1.1 not be the trunk, it should be a branch of 1.1. After
release, 1.1 is history and time marches on.

Chuck