[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0rc1 tagged

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Sun May 18 11:57:13 EDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> Please test the release candidate:
> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/tags/1.1.0rc1 1.1.0rc1

Thanks, Jarrod.

I have packaged SVN trunk from r5189 and made a Debian source package
(based on a slightly old version the Debian Python Modules Team's numpy
package with all patches removed) and Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) binary
packages. These are available at:

http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/

In particular, you can just grab the .deb for your architecture for
Ubuntu Hardy:

 * i386:
http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/python-numpy_1.1.0~dev5189-0ads1_i386.deb
 * amd64:
http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/python-numpy_1.1.0~dev5189-0ads1_amd64.deb

All numpy, tests pass on both architectures in my hands, and I shall
begin testing my various codes with this release. Other Ubunteers who
don't want to bother compiling from source are also welcome to try these
packages.

(I chose the trunk rather than the RC tag because my understanding is
that fixes to the final 1.1.0 are going to the trunk, and David
Cournapeau has made a couple commits. Also, I released after I packaged
this up that I forgot to touch the date in debian/changelog -- apologies!)

-Andrew