[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0rc1, Win32 Installer: please test it

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon May 19 22:15:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

    Sorry for the delay, but it is now ready: numpy "superpack"
installers for numpy 1.1.0rc1:

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy-1.1.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe
http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy-1.1.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.4.exe

(Python 2.4 binaries are not there yet). This binary should work on any
(32 bits) CPU on windows, and in particular should solve the recurring
problem of segfault/hangs on older CPU with previous binary releases.

I used a fairly heavy compression scheme (lzma), because it cut the size
~ 30 %. If it is a problem, please let me know,

cheers,

David