[Numpy-discussion] Current state of the trunk and release

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue May 20 03:50:12 EDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:

> I know this is frustrating for some of you, but please just bear with
> me for a few days and help me try and get a stable 1.1.0 out as fast
> as possible.  The only things that should be committed to the trunk
> now should be trivial bug-fixes to specific issues found by the
> release candidate.

Ok, that should have be more explicit before, I think, because it was
not obvious at all. I did a few commits: should I revert them ?

It is too late for this release, but why didn't you create a 1.1.0
branch ? That way, only the release manager has to do the work :) More
seriously, I do think it is more logical to branch the trunk for a
release, specially in the svn trunk/branches/tags model, and I think we
should follow this model for the next releases.

cheers,

David