[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0rc1 RuntimeErrors

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:34:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Should we disable the warning for the tests? It's a bit unnerving and
>> likely to generate mail calling attention to it.
>
> I don't have a problem with that. Is there some kind of trapping mechanism we
> can use ?

You can filter warnings using warning.filterwarnings() or
warning.simplefilter().

  http://docs.python.org/dev/library/warnings

> A la "fail_unless_raise" ?

I'm not sure I see the connection. Do you need to test that the
warning is issued? If so, then make a filter with the action 'error'
and use self.assertRaises().

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."