[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy/SciPy Documentation Marathon 2008

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu May 22 05:37:14 EDT 2008

ke, 2008-05-21 kello 10:08 +0200, Stéfan van der Walt kirjoitti:
[clip]
> > This will parse better (as the line with the semicolon is bold, the
> > next lines are not).  Also, would it be possible to put function and
> > next_function in double back-ticks, so that they are referenced, like
> > modules?  That way they will might be clickable in a html version of
> > the documentation.
>
> When generating the reference guide, I parse all the numpy docstrings
> and re-generate a document enhanced with Sphinx markup.  In this
> document, functions in the See Also clause are "clickable".  I have
> support for two formats:
>
> See Also
> ------------
> function_a, function_b, function_c
> function_d : relation to current function
>
> Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect on the wiki; the reference
> guide will be rendered correctly.

Should the function names in the See also section also include the
namespace prefix, ie.

    numpy.function_a
    numpy.function_b

Or should we "assume from numpy import *" or "import numpy as np"? I
think it'd be useful to clarify this in the documentation standard and
in example.py, also for the Examples section. (Btw, the
Docstrings/Example appears to be out-of-date wrt. this.)

	Pauli