[Numpy-discussion] question about histogram2d

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Thu May 29 20:21:58 EDT 2008

Hi Darren,

If I remember correctly, the thinking under the current behavior is that it
preserves similarity of results with histogramdd, where the histogram is
oriented in the numpy order (columns, rows). I thought that making
histogram2d(x,y) return something different than histogramdd([x,y]) was
probably worst than satisfying the cartesian convention.

Regards,

David